What Are Blueless Lenses?
Posted at January 30, 2018 | by Lucas Fratzke | in Guides
UV Protection

What Are Blueless Lenses?

Blueless lenses are lenses coated with a special film that reduces reflections and glares by allowing more light to pass through. Whereas regular plastic lenses reflect about 8% of available light and high index lenses reflect about 12% or available light, glasses with anti-glare lenses reflect only about 1% of available light, allowing the remaining 99% to pass through, resulting in an increase in contrast and visual clarity.

What Do Blueless Lenses Do?

Blueless lenses are called so because they reduce eye fatigue from sources of artificial blue light such as computer screens, LED televisions, fluorescent lighting, and cell phones. As written about in our article on blue light, blue light has a shorter wavelength and higher energy which requires more energy for your eyes to absorb and send to your brain.

Overexposure to blue light, like sitting in front of a computer screen all day, can cause eye-fatigue as our eyes’ source of melanin, our skin’s natural source of sunscreen becomes depleted, increasing retina damage over time. Bluess lenses help reduce exposure to sources of blue light, reducing eye-fatigue and vision glare.

Buying Glasses With Blueless Lenses

Here at Dualens, we have a whole selection of glasses with blueless lenses for a price that won’t break your budget to make sure that you can protect yourself from these harmful rays.

TAGS:Guides
 
SHARE:
RELATED POSTS